Horse based emotional regulation workshop.
We are very grateful for the support of Te Hau Toka so we can facilitate a one-day workshop learning emotional regulation in a nature based, fun and non-confrontational way. This workshop is facilities by a Registered Equine Psychotherapist and a registered Social Worker who has experience delivering equine assisted therapy to young people. The group will learn techniques to regulate their emotions and develop the skills and awareness to recognise emotions in the horses. Part of this is understanding other’s boundaries and developing our own set of boundaries and how to communicate these to others. This workshop supports young people’s resilience and mental health through relationships, new connections, nature, movement, animals and learning new life skills. The trained Equine Assisted Therapist and the Whakatipu Youth Trust Social Worker collaborate with horses to provide an experiential learning approach which supports the growth of personal development and life skills. The horses co-facilitate the process and educate the group members in an authentic and non-confrontational manner. Horses’ wisdom contributes to unique, powerful, and memorable experiences for rangatahi.
The group is designed to be enjoyable, so young people are engaged with horses and having fun whilst learning life skills! This will include touching horses, grooming them, haltering them, and leading them around an arena.
• This group is for young people aged 11-13.
• A consent form will be emailed out. This must be signed before the group begins.
• No prior horse experience is needed. This workshop does not include horse riding.
• The address will be sent out to those who sign up. Drop off and pick up is on Littles Road, Dalefield.
• Participants will need to bring a packed lunch.
• This group is for young people that and could benefit from learning new skills and getting support with their emotions.
• This is a non-confrontational day where people will have fun!! This is helpful for young people who don’t want to engage in traditional counselling or therapy.
4a/15 Red Oaks Drive
9:30am - 6pm (Mon to Fri)
YOUTH CENTRE HOURS
3:30pm - 6pm (Mon to Fri)
© 2023 Whakatipu Youth Trust
Website by Webstudio